Computer Rock. We create, develop, design and operate digital products and services. Our focus lies on the development and implementation of digital business models: from an initial idea to finished products or services. We are an international company with locations in Hamburg, Belgrade, Zurich and London. We follow (hybrid) agile methods, live flat hierarchies and work in dedicated teams.
This is a freelancer position for 6 months.
You’ll be improving the backbone infrastructure for an ever expanding client base that relies on our tier 1 service offering. As part of your remit, you will be involved in analyzing, designing, planning, implementing, testing and automating the infrastructural setup that is required.
We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest and flair for technology regardless of the platform involved.
You are the right candidate for us if you have experience with:
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or other cloud setups
- Configuring web servers Nginx, Apache or IIS
- Virtualization tools (Kubernetes, Helm or Docker), IaaC and configuration management tools (Terraform, Terragrunt or Ansible)
- Continuous Integration and Deployment systems (Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD)
- Configuring database servers (MySQL, Postgres, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis)
- Comfortable administering and securing both Debian and RedHat based flavours of Linux
- Scripting – Shell scripting or Python
- Monitoring tools (Nagios, Grafana with Prometheus, ELK stack)
- Load balancing
We expect that:
- There are no secrets for you with network protocols and network administration
- You are able to take the lead on projects – taking the initiative where required
- You are passionate for technology in the areas as defined above
- You are able to learn quickly
- You are reliable and trustworthy
Nice to have:
- A computer science background
- Experience with Hadoop, Apache Kafka or similar technologies
- DBA experience especially in the area of database clustering
- Experience with high performance / high availability web applications
- Confident spoken and written English
- Experience of working in teams
Interested? Apply now at email@example.com